Recipe: False Fabs Asian-Inspired Sweet, Tangy Turkey Kabobs
Looking for a quick, healthy and tasty recipe for your bank holiday. Or perhaps a general cooking recipe? Well here we have one specifically for you. All instructions below and affordable.
x1 Tablespoon sugar
½ Teaspoon ginger
¼ Teaspoon black pepper
Bell peppers (2 colours)
Turkey Breast (Diced)
x2 Cloves of Garlic (minced/pressed)
1/4 cup of Sunflower Oil
If you don’t like some of the ingredients above you can use substitutes. You can use Vegetable Oil (Sunflower is healthier) ¼ cup Soy Sauce instead of Lemon/Lime etc.
So it’s the bank holiday weekend here so many are looking for a different way to cook this weekend. Why not try this recipe above, which is a healthier option for foodies, musclemen and everyone in general. You can substitute your toppings and flavours accordingly.
Serves 4-6 people dependent on the Turkey you use. We got through half a pack so had plenty left over from a single pack of diced pieces and served 2-4 on this occasion.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Overall time – 35 minutes
Serves – 4-6
- Have the diced turkey placed into a shallow glass dish or resealable bag. Add in the remaining ingredients, Ginger, Black Pepper, crushed Garlic, sugar, sunflower oil, lemon juice and lime juice. Cut the lemon and lime apart from the sides in a separate bowl to separate the pips and stringy extras. Use the juice only.
3. Before cooking, prepare your remaining ingredients, Mushroom, Bell Peppers, or substitutes to be placed onto the skewers to make the kebabs.
4. Keep the marinade from the bowl to one side.
5. Add the turkey diced breast to the skewer in order with ingredients. For example – Turkey Bell Pepper, Mushroom. Repeat the layers. Roughly 5 portions of turkey can fit one skewer.
6. Place them onto the grill (or barbecue if you prefer) and brush with marinade multiple times during cooking using a gentle glide up and down. Check after roughly4-5 minutes to marinate, then another time period to turn and marinate.
7. Judge cooking accordingly.
8. Stop brushing marinade 5 minutes before cooking is finished.
9. Optional – You can serve with a small portion of rice or equivalent if you prefer.